Brent Council signing the BSL Charter – Virtual ceremony overview
When: Wednesday 27th January 2021
Time: 3.30pm – 4pm
To watch the ceremony online, go to https://brent.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/542095 (please note it is recorded so you can watch it at anytime after 3.30pm).
Present in the Zoom meeting will be:
- Pascoe Sawyers (MC for the event)
- Cllr Muhammed Butt, Leader of the council
- Cllr Margaret McLennan, Deputy Leader and Lead Member for Equalities
- Carolyn Downs, Chief Executive
- Asif Iqbal, President Harrow & Brent United Deaf Club
- Nirmal Thakkar, Chair Harrow & Brent United Deaf Club
- Linda Richards, Chair British Deaf Association (BDA)
- Robin Ash, Access and Inclusion Officer, BDA
- Lisa Brailsford, BSL interpreter
- Richard Harrington, Senior Policy Officer
The meeting is being made available for members of the community and Brent staff to watch via Webcast. It is also being recorded for people to watch at a later date.
The screen will be set up so that the BSL interpreter can be seen at all times alongside whomever is speaking.
Full link to the document can be found here. (PDF)