Harrow and Brent United Deaf Club is delighted to host a Special 10th Anniversary Celebration which will take place on Saturday 2nd March 2019, at a prestigious venue – Wembley Civic Centre, Engineering Way, Wembley, London.
The event will be hosted by Asif Iqbal MBE, President of Harrow and Brent United Deaf Club
The event will be open by Councillor Arshad Mahmood, Mayor of Brent; and Mei Sim Lai OBE, Deputy Lieutenant for Brent.
Our Deaf Club is delighted to have the company of Mei Sim Lai OBE, Deputy Lieutenant for Brent, who have been supportive of our work and was involved in our previous events – International Women Day; Her Majesty the Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration; and our Brent Deaf Awareness Week 2017.
Special Programme for the evening:
We are delighted to have the following guest speakers and performances for the evening:
- Barry Gardiner MP, Shadow Secretary of State for International Trade & Shadow Minister for International Climate Change
- Nirujan Kilington, Chairperson of Harrow and Brent United Deaf Club
- Simon Hesselberg about his previous role as Community Services Officer for Brent Deaf People Group for 11 years and sharing the history about Brent Deaf community.
- Titani Altuis, Brent Culture 2020 Team to show what Brent Culture 2020 means and how you can be involved in our celebration in 2020.
- Gerogina Atori, Gospel Sign Song performance – “The Power of Love", her dedication with thanks to her heavenly father for “changing my life"
- Rachel Jones, Street Dance
- Georgina Atori, Gospel Sign Song performance – part 2.
The event was made possible with the successful grant from Brent Council’s Love Where you Live Community Grant, so please join us to celebrate our Deaf Club’s Special 10th Anniversary Celebration (see below flyer and text for more information).
Harrow & Brent United Deaf Club’s Special 10th Anniversary Celebration
When: Saturday 2nd March 2019,
Time: 6 to 9pm
Food: Light refreshment (vegetarian) will be provided.
Dress code: Evening wear or Cultural Clothes (suitable for evening out). Please dress up & be colourful to promote diversity and share our positive identities.
Entertainment: Photo Booth to have your fun photo taken with friends and surprise performances.
Everyone is welcome –Deaf/ deaf/ hearing people including young people, older people, their families/ children, BSL students and people of ALL faith.
Access – BSL interpreters and loop system is in place. The venue is wheelchair user-friendly.
How to get there: All buses No 83,483,92, 182 and 206 stops near the venue. The nearest tube station is Wembley Park (Metropolitan and Jubilee lines)
Cost: £5 per person
Ticket will be sold on first come first served basis, to buy your ticket, please buy now to avoid disappointment: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harrow-and-brent-united-deaf-clubs-10th-anniversary-celebration-tickets-52319079776#tickets
A Fantastic Opportunity – not to be missed!
A huge thank you to Polish Bakery Cake Team for donating cakes for our event.
A special thank you to Brent Council for their support.